Ok I know I have been slacking in the blog department lately. Truth is I haven’t really had much to blog about and since it’s a pseudo way to keep my family up to date I haven’t written much. I am still running and working out, but I don’t really have any races planned this year. I might do a 10k but that’s about it. First of all I picked up a part time job that is every other weekend, so that limits things tremendously. Second I have like 5 out of state personal events this year so I don’t have much spare time or money for any races. Maybe if I don’t have to work I will do Sioux Falls again but that will probably be the only half this year.
So running wise there is not much to report on other than I still am able to run.
I recently began the Kayla Itsines BBG 12 week (plus 4 weeks of pre-workout workouts) again so I will probably not run too much for the first half of that since it leaves my legs in pain for 4 days after leg day. I am hoping to do at least a “long” run time wise on the weekends and maybe later on a speed/HIIT workout during the week. Really though I just want to actually make it through the program all the way for real this time and do the LISS every day. Baby steps.
In other news I gave up soda 29 days ago and it’s really not so bad. I thought I would crave it more but really I just miss it when I’m bored, at which point I just chug a bottle of water and then I don’t want it anymore.
I do hope to get back to blogging more, and I do have some fun things to blog about coming up. In addition to updates on how I am coming along with BBG I will also be (hopefully) writing about:
- Bachelorette trip to the Wonderful World of Harry Potter (a name I can never get right, I just say I’m going to Hogwarts) in early April (only 9 more days!!!)
- Wedding in California in May, in the Davis area so I will be able to see lots of people and things that I have been missing terribly over the last 4 years.
- Wedding in Michigan in June, which we are driving to and hopefully stopping and not getting shot in Chicago on the way, since that is all anyone has to say about Chi town.
- Grandparent’s 60th anniversary back in Bieber at the end of July, where I hope to stay for a longer amount of time than I have in the past few years. I want to ride my horse again and hike Mt. Lassen for the 3rd time and just actually relax back home. I can pretend I am in high school again and it’s summer and I have no responsibilities beyond chores and taking care of steers/heifers/sheep for fairs.
- Cousin’s wedding in Northern Nevada in September. Seriously could people spread out the love and not all get married in the same year? JK it will be fun to see my extended family 3x in one year!! That never happens!
So there are some events that will keep things exciting. I might also work more on decorating/updating the house. I don’t know if I ever blogged about the hell that was painting the hallway this winter, but you don’t need to be tortured as much as I was and I don’t want to have to re-live it. So about Thanksgiving time I will probably have forgotten how much it sucks enough to try to tackle another part of the house.
Also hopefully there will be some more exciting changes come August, but I can’t give specifics about that yet. Mostly because I don’t know them and everything could change in an instant.
I leave you with these beautiful shots of some crafting I have done lately. I might have to just do stuff more often because it doesn’t always turn out as horrible as I think it will.